How To Optimize Your Shopify Store For SearchBy Paul Wynter Sept 29th, 2020
Are you trying to gain people's attention to sell your products online on Shopify? Want to get more organic traffic and rank on top of the search engine results? Then search engine optimization is the key to your goal. With proper SEO techniques, you can optimize your Shopify store to get more organic traffic to your store. In this era of digitalization, everything is digital, from transaction to marketing. Creating your brand is an essential and first critical step to grasp the audience's attention. More significant the brand, bigger is the business.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a platform that allows you to start your own online business. More precisely, it is a cloud-based eCommerce platform that will enable you to make your shop online to sell your products and make a profit
What is SEO?
Picture this scenario. You are a content creator having your own blog. Now you want to showcase your work to the world, you being not a celebrity having difficulty in getting the desired traffic to your site or blog. To solve this problem, you need to have knowledge of what is known as SEO or search engine optimization. It is a marketing strategy to optimize a website in order to proliferate its visibility in the google search index. This means your site will appear on the first-page google search results.
How to optimize your Shopify?
Firstly, you need a Shopify store, and secondly, assuming that you use Chrome for browsing, add 'keywords everywhere' extension. It displays all the monthly search volumes of each keyword while searching on google. Based on that, you can modify your content, product description, and Shopify store.
1. User experience
It's important to create an engaging page, which is easier to navigate. Time is a valuable asset to everyone, including the shoppers; it is your job to provide them with an easy and amicable environment. The more time they spend on your site better will be the ranking of your Shopify store.
2. Increase in speed
- Use compressed images. JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF are favorable image formats that are supported on Shopify. one thing to be noted while compressing images is not to overemphasis on compressing, which could lead to poor graphic quality. You have to use the proper settings to and set proper resolutions for each and every image.
- Responsive and fast themes always help to boost your Shopify store speed. Make sure to include this into your checklist.
- Install only relevant and necessary apps from the Shopify store. It's necessary to uninstall irrelevant apps if you are not using it because .js and .css files running in the background reduce your Shopify store speed.
- Get rid of all the broken links from your Shopify store, if you don't want to repel away your viewers with odious experience.
3. Content marketing
For any website, content is the treasure, the sole reason behind garnering the viewer's attention. Original content is always appreciated everywhere, including online. For many people making decisions on what to write can be intimidating. And it is absolutely okay to get intimidated by it. However, to make your task easier, you might want to make a list of all the questions that customers often ask. Write a concise summary answering all the answers and incorporating all the relevant keywords for better results.
4. Create a specific product title.
- Use keywords, which are related to the product
- Use Keywords everywhere for better and relevant keywords
- Good and comprehensive meta description with high-quality keywords is compulsory.
- Incorporate the following in your description
- What is the product all about?
- What does the product do?
- How are your products helpful for customers?
- Use relevant phrases and keywords often
5. Shopify apps and tools
Shopify offers you apps that can boost your sale as well as ranking. Few apps to boost your sale and ranking-
- Lucky orange- don't let weird the name fool you. This is a powerful app that allows you to see what your customer is doing in your Shopify store. You can see the exact location on your site where most people have hovered their mouse and where they are clicking the most. It also records each customer's screen, allowing you to see what they are actually doing on the website.
- In cart upsell- it is an upsell plugin without any popups.
- SEO image optimizer- changes all the alt tabs and title tabs. It allows you to set a template with a plausible title for an image. Whenever you are going to upload an image, it will automatically set the title by itself, saving your time.
- Privy – another great app to set coupons or spin a wheel popups and capture the customer's emails when they provide their details, increasing your email marketing spectrum.
- Aftership – allows customers to track their packages.
Being in online business and not using SEO is ludicrous. With 4.5 billion internet users across the world, the competition is remarkably high. To survive in this digital era, one has to use Search engine optimization techniques for their Shopify store. With proper setup and optimization, you can boost your Shopify sale to the next level